After two years of planning and negotiating with the city, the hall will be an annex to the present museum house.
Up until October 2012, the fire hall was used actively. Since it was built in 1923, it has served as a police station and jail, circuit court, temporary housing, council chambers, town offices and a credit union.
“With all this history it is a perfect fit for the museum to use and expand their displays,” a media release from the museum stated.
“The 1926 Bickel fire truck, also known as 'Old Betsy,' and the circa-1916 horse-drawn fire hose will be returning to their old homes as well, on loan from the volunteer firefighters.”
The fire hall will eventually be used for movie nights and lectures and general interest meetings in the future. More developments are expected by November.
Anyone interested in getting involved in the museum is welcome to contact Cody Cacciotti, operations manager of the museum, at 705-858-5050 or [email protected].