Sep 21, 2012- 4:17 PM
At approximately 10:35 a.m., the Greater Sudbury Fire Services was called to an apparent kitchen fire at 748 Radar Rd.
Although flame damage was classified as moderate, smoke damage was listed as severe, the fire services reported in a media release. Damage is estimated in the range of $75,000.
There were no injuries reported either to the home's three occupants, who are now displaced, or to any of the 10 firefighters who attended the call.
If there's a message to be taken away from the fire, Public Safety Officer Léo Frappier said it is not to leave cooking food unattended in the kitchen.
If a pot catches fire, put the lid on it and turn off the stove. Do not move the pot until it has cooled.