HomeSudbury News

Cooking oil fire injures two people

By: Sudbury Northern Life Staff

 | Dec 09, 2013 - 11:25 AM |
Firefighters were called to a fire at a Tuddenham Avenue home on Dec. 8. The fire was ignited by cooking oil. File photo.

Firefighters were called to a fire at a Tuddenham Avenue home on Dec. 8. The fire was ignited by cooking oil. File photo.

Two people were injured in a fire ignited by cooking oil at a Tuddenham Avenue home on Dec. 8, said Greater Sudbury Fire Services.

Firefighters from two stations were called to the home at about 6:33 p.m.


Cooking is the No. 1 cause of home fires, said the fire department.

“Don't leave your cooking unattended. Always stay in the kitchen while you're cooking, especially if using oil or high temperatures. If a pot catches fire, slide a proper-fitting lid over the pot and turn off the stove. Do not move the pot. Let it completely cool off.”

Reader's Feedback

NorthernLife.ca may contain content submitted by readers, usually in the form of article comments. All reader comments and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of NorthernLife.ca. The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that NorthernLife.ca has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to NorthernLife.ca to report any objectionable content by using the "report abuse" link found in the comments section of this web site. Comment Guidelines


comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular

Local Business Directory