One person was injured and had to be evacuated from the home on Christmas Eve. A total of 19 firefighters were called to the home at about 9:43 p.m. The fire affected two homes, which received severe fire damage and heavy smoke damage.
Candles are a common cause of home fires, said Greater Sudbury Fire Services in its safety message. Keep lit candles safely away from children and pets and blow out all candles before leaving the room. Secure candles in a sturdy holder in a location where they can't be knocked over.