HomeSudbury News

Kitchen fire on Somers Street leaves 3 homeless

By: Sudbury Northern Life Staff

 | Apr 01, 2014 - 12:44 PM |
Two people had to be evacuated and three people are now homeless after a kitchen fire caused an estimated $25,000 in damage to a Somers Street home on March 31, said Greater Sudbury Fire Services. File photo.

Two people had to be evacuated and three people are now homeless after a kitchen fire caused an estimated $25,000 in damage to a Somers Street home on March 31, said Greater Sudbury Fire Services. File photo.

Two people had to be evacuated and three people are now homeless after a kitchen fire caused an estimated $25,000 in damage to a Somers Street home on March 31, said Greater Sudbury Fire Services.

Firefighters attended the blaze at 6:45 p.m.

Cooking is the No. 1 cause of home fires, Greater Sudbury Fire Services said in a news release.

“Don't leave your cooking unattended. Always stay in the kitchen while you're cooking — especially if using oil or high temperatures. If a pot catches fire, slide a proper-fitting lid over the pot an turn off the stove. Do not move the pot. Let it completely cool off.”

Reader's Feedback

NorthernLife.ca may contain content submitted by readers, usually in the form of article comments. All reader comments and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of NorthernLife.ca. The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that NorthernLife.ca has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to NorthernLife.ca to report any objectionable content by using the "report abuse" link found in the comments section of this web site. Comment Guidelines


comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular

Local Business Directory