HomeSudbury News

First Nickel to hold update later today

By: Sudbury Northern Life Staff

 | May 06, 2014 - 12:38 PM |
First Nickel said this morning it will be holding a press conference later this afternoon to provide an update and answer questions from reporters.

First Nickel said this morning it will be holding a press conference later this afternoon to provide an update and answer questions from reporters.

First Nickel said this morning it will be holding a press conference later this afternoon to provide an update and answer questions from reporters.

NorthernLife.ca will be livestreaming from that press conference. We will confirm the time with you as soon as First Nickel nails it down.

When reached by NorthernLife.ca, Paul Davis, vice-president of exploration with First Nickel, said the he could not provide additional information.

“We're still gathering more details,” Davis said.

He couldn't confirm the report from the Ministry of Labour that two contract workers had been killed underground, nor could he confirm which company employed the workers. Davis also said he couldn't confirm reports the deaths were caused by a ground collapse.

Reader's Feedback

NorthernLife.ca may contain content submitted by readers, usually in the form of article comments. All reader comments and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of NorthernLife.ca. The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that NorthernLife.ca has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to NorthernLife.ca to report any objectionable content by using the "report abuse" link found in the comments section of this web site. Comment Guidelines


comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular

Local Business Directory