HomeNational

Police say progress being made in missing boy case

By: Bill Graveland, The Canadian Press

 | Jul 03, 2014 - 3:47 PM |
Nathan O'Brien and his grandmother Kathy Liknes are shown in a Calgary Police Service handout photo. THE CANADIAN PRESS/HO, Calgary Police Service

Nathan O'Brien and his grandmother Kathy Liknes are shown in a Calgary Police Service handout photo. THE CANADIAN PRESS/HO, Calgary Police Service

CALGARY - Calgary police say they are closer to understanding what happened to a missing five-year-old boy and his grandparents.

But homicide Staff Sgt. Doug Andrus says investigators don't have any suspects they can name publicly yet.

Nathan O'Brien and Alvin and Kathy Liknes were reported missing Monday and police believe their disappearance is suspicious.

Nathan had been at a sleepover after the couple held an estate sale at their home on the weekend.

Andrus says officers have closed-circuit video from homes and business near the Liknes' house and it's helping with the investigation.

He says police are also getting information from the public, including the people who attended the estate sale that were asked to come forward.

Reader's Feedback

NorthernLife.ca may contain content submitted by readers, usually in the form of article comments. All reader comments and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of NorthernLife.ca. The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that NorthernLife.ca has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to NorthernLife.ca to report any objectionable content by using the "report abuse" link found in the comments section of this web site. Comment Guidelines


comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular

Local Business Directory