HomeNational

Justin Bieber assault case adjourned to Sept. 8 in Toronto

By: The Canadian Press

 | Aug 11, 2014 - 11:49 AM |
TORONTO - Neither Justin Bieber nor his fans were in a Toronto court Monday morning for a routine hearing in the pop star's assault case.

Lawyers said they were in ongoing discussions and decided to re-appear in court Sept. 8.

Bieber's lawyer has previously said the singer isn't expected at any of the court sessions until a trial date, which likely won't be set until the fall.

But that hasn't always deterred fans — about two dozen showed up at an earlier hearing, hoping to see the Canadian singer.

Police allege Bieber hit a limousine driver several times in the back of the head after he and five others were picked up by a limo in Toronto in the early hours of Dec. 30.

Bieber turned himself in to Toronto police in January to face the charge, drawing a massive crowd of journalists and screaming fans.

Reader's Feedback

NorthernLife.ca may contain content submitted by readers, usually in the form of article comments. All reader comments and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of NorthernLife.ca. The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that NorthernLife.ca has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to NorthernLife.ca to report any objectionable content by using the "report abuse" link found in the comments section of this web site. Comment Guidelines


comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular

Local Business Directory