Heather Zeffer recently had to put down her two-year-old dog, Romeo. She said she believes he was poisoned. She suspects her dog ate something at Riverdale Playground on York Street, where she walks her dog regularly.
She now worries that other dogs or children may be at risk, which is why she contacted Northern Life. She said she has found chicken bones at the park. Zeffer said other dog owners have told her they have found pills in the park.
She contacted Greater Sudbury Police, the SPCA, and the city’s animal control unit. Northern Life contacted Greater Sudbury Police Cst. Bert Lapalme about the matter. He said police followed up on the claim but nothing has been confirmed.
Zeffer’s dog Romeo was sick for a week before he died. She spent $1,600 on veterinary care.
The veterinarian told her that Romeo had eaten rat poison.