The suspect was arrested by Halifax police on March 7 after the warrant was issued when he failed to attend court dates in April, May and June of 2013.
Greater Sudbury Police court special constables arrived in Halifax on March 11 and took custody of the accused, returning him to Sudbury late last night.
He was also wanted on six other warrants for numerous other offences including:
- 19 counts for breach of probation;
- 5 counts of fail to comply with recognizance of bail;
- 2 counts of uttering threats of death or bodily harm;
- 2 counts of assault;
- 1 count of criminal harassment;
- 1 count of mischief;
- 1 count of possession of property obtained by crime;
- 3 counts related to Highway Traffic Act offences.
He was scheduled to attend bail court this morning.