The Alumni Voyageur Hall of Fame, created in 1994 by the Laurentian University Alumni Association, recognizes and honours former Laurentian University athletes, builders and teams who have made outstanding contributions to the Voyageur Athletic programs.
On behalf of the Alumni Association, Laurentian Voyageur Athletics and Campus Recreation is calling for nominees for the class of 2012. The deadline for nominations is June 25. The criteria for each of the three categories are listed below.
Athletes (Male and Female)
- Must have graduated from Laurentian and/or made a significant contribution to Laurentian Athletics as a student athlete;
- A minimum waiting period of five years is suggested, unless extraordinary circumstances dictate otherwise;
- CIAU Champion- team or individual;
- All-Canadian selection;
- Has represented Canada internationally;
- OUAA/OWIAA/OIAA/OUA All Star selection - minimum of two times;
- CIAU/OUAA/OWIAA/OIAA/OUA record-holder during career;
- CIAU Academic All-Canadian or Laurentian University Dean’s List;
- OUAA/OWIAA/OIAA/OUA Champion - team or individual, minimum of once; league or conference champion minimum of twice;
- Athlete of the Year
- Voyageur Award Winner
A minimum of five of the above should be present to be considered. For athletes who played during the 1960s and early 1970s, before All-Ontario and All-Canadians, adjustments will be made to reflect that fact. A letter of support from a coach or a member of the coaching staff is also required.
The team has won a national or provincial championship. A letter of support from a coach of a member of the coaching staff must be submitted.
Candidates shall have made a significant contribution to the growth and development of the Laurentian Athletics program.
Submit nominations to [email protected] by June 25. The class of 2012 will be inducted at a ceremony in October.
Posted by Laurel Myers